Monday, February 13, 2006

A special day

The morning woke up cold and foggy as I lazily rolled out of bed. My parents, from the Blue Mountains, have been here since Friday, helping me to retile the fireplace that Jason and I tore out almost 3 months ago. The finishing of the tiling signalled the end of a massive project, as we spent hours first choosing the tile, then laying it out on the floor of the store and making patterns, then choosing another set of colors and ultimately repeating this process many times. We ran out of time once and had to come back. I laugh because we just cannot pick one that we like, we have to see ALL the options. The fireplace, as it turns out, is gorgeous and was worth the hours sitting on cement floors in Home Depot.

The rest of the day was spent fixing my mother's email accounts, creating web banners for the abcmountainretreat.com website and fixing WYSIWYG created issues. Happily, my mother has really started pulling her own weight HTML-wise. I have been teaching her to wrap pictures, and to avoid bad HTML fauxpas like "Click Here! " I actually felt a bit reminicent of when I worked on Nervy Girl.

I had my one year date on my surgery come and go and I didn't even remember. Things are significantly better with life being less about pain and more about rebuilding right now. I am happy with where things are at on average. I'd like to lose about 50 pounds. But that is a slow process coming back from over 3 years of Prednisone and 3 surgeries.

Cameron was laid off from his job today and once again, they are both unemployed. My heart just sunk, but I am committed to making sure that they make it one way or another. I just wish it would happen quickly!

No comments: