Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Lastly, it was Jason's birthday today. We cuddled, ate out at the Fondue Restaurant on the Bus Mall with Burt, Jeff, Shon, and Sara, one of Jason's oldest friends. We spent the evening spearing veggies and various meats into cheeses and broths, and then in turn invoked our inner child figuring out how the sauces might go with each combination. It was a nice evening and the location was amazing. It's underground and decorated very well. It appealed to my Inner interior decorator.

So, we have crossed into another era. As we pass through this Aquarian era, I am reflecting on the fact that we are no longer 20, no longer barely 30, we are 32 and well on our way to what some might consider to be maturity. As Jason and I munched on Mac and Cheese at Valeur off Oak Street, we discussed what we thought this time might have looked like when were younger. Jason talked about it looking more stable and having children. My heart felt a pang but he was quick to point out that now, he didn't feel a loss. I am amazed how how up in the air that much of life feels. Even with most things settled, the world doesn't feel safe right now. It is almost like something could shift and it could all be taken away. For me, I just realized that much of my own ideals I picked up from someone else along the way and they have nothing to do with what I really wanted. What my life would have looked at from my 15 year old perspective is nothing like I would really desire.

I wonder what we will see when we are 50 and looking back at this time. My hope is that it will be a time of peace and laughter, and that I will remember it fondly.

No comments: