Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Challenges throughout the day

As many of you know, I was recently asked to be the business manager for a local mind/body/spirit wellness center based out of downtown Portland. This job has been a challenge that to date is par to none. Each day I have to manage invoicing, practitioner training, set up systems of communication, and so forth. And then, on the side, I am still a spiritual counselor.

I am finding that I have to develop systems to keep my life from moving into stress. I have to take breaks, stop and head outside, make sure I eat lunches and take time to look out the window to watch the weather pass instead of only looking at my computer all day. After being a spiritual director for so long, I forgot what it was like to work in an office all day.

I admit, I like it. It is much more structured, I get to organize chaos and I can see what I accomplished at the end of the day. I am also having to figure out my own complexities around my home. How much should I be away? Is it okay to leave it there with Anthony or as the woman of the house should that be my domain? How do I balance eating at home after working all day? These things are obviously things that I had figured out at one point, but for almost 8 years I have had the option to do it different.

No comments: